HPE Service Virtualization
During the functional testing phase of a core business application such as SAP or Oracle, there is often a requirement to call out to external services. These third party services/applications may be unavailable between certain times, or may be a pay-per-transaction service. These dependencies can lead to significant delays (and costs) on a program release cycle. Studies on ERP Programs, have indicated, crippling wait times of 32 days on average. Service Virtualization is a software engineering tool, that emulates the behavior of these third party services, simulating all critical elements users, network and applications.
Result – Introduces Velocity to the program which leads to faster product release.
What is the Rationale for Customers to adopt Service Virtualization (Source: Voke Market Snapshot 2015)
- Improve time-to-market – 68%
- Test earlier in the lifecycle – 54%
- Enable continuous integration – 52%
- Performance testing – 48%
- Parallel development – 47%
- Scheduling constraints – 40%
- Restricted access to dependent services, components or applications -38%
- Test data management – 35%
2017 Case Study: SV Case Study
The Case for SV on SAP or Oracle ERP Upgrades. here
HPE Network Virtualization
Simulating real world network conditions within your test environment